Norton Removal Tool, also known as SymNRT, is a free uninstall tool developed by Symantec Corporation in order to help users easily and completely uninstall most of the Norton products. However, use this uninstall tool, it is recommended only if the regular removal of Norton software is not working properly and you can not use it. Also, you can use the Norton Removal Tool to remove a failed installation or a damaged Norton product.
The current version of the SymNRT tool will stop all running Norton programs and completely uninstall ALL copies of:
- Norton AntiSpam 2004 and 2005
- Norton Antivirus 2003 through 2012
- Norton Ghost 2003,9.0,10.0,12.0,1 A.O and 15.0
- Norton GoBack 3.1 through 4.2
- Norton Internet Security 2003 through 2012
- Norton Password Manager
- Norton Personal Firewall 2003 through 2006
- Norton SystemWorks 2003 through 2009
- Norton Confidential Online 2007
- Norton Add-on Pack 1.0 - 4.0
- Norton Save and Restore 1.0 through 2.0
- Norton 360/Security Suite/Business Suite 1.0 - 5.0
- Norton Safety Minder 1.0
- Norton SafeWeb 3.2
Before you can run
- Go to the Norton Account website;
- Sign in to Norton Account;
- Under «Products», click the Norton product for which you want to save the Product Key.
- Write down the Product Key;
- Sign out of your Norton Account;
If you downloaded your product from your service provider, you do not have a Product Key, so, skip the above steps. If you have a CD version, you can find your Product Key at the back of the CD sleeve. For your download purchase, you can find it in the confirmation email from Symantec.
Next, make sure that you have the installation CDs or downloaded installation files for any Norton products that you want to reinstall. If you have pcAnywhere or WinFAX, uninstall it using «Add or Remove Programs» before running the Norton Removal Tool. Also, if you use ACT! or WinFAX, back up those databases and uninstall those products.
Also, keep in mind that you will need to restart your computer after running this tool and before proceeding, shut down all other programs and do not start any other program until SymNRT completes.
the software tool is provided «As is», exclusive of any warranty, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, or any other warranty, whether expressed or implied.
About to begin removal
Program removal may take several minutesand
Once the removal process begins, it cannot be stopped.
- Close Norton windows
- Stop Norton processes
- Delete Norton services
- Remove Norton driver dependencies
- Remove Norton script blocking hooks
- Process MSI’s by Upgrade Code
- Process MSI’s by Product Code
- Remove Norton folder trees
- Remove Norton files
- Remove Norton individual folders and empty folder trees
- Remove Norton registry keys recursively
- Remove Norton registry values
- Remove Norton individual registry keys
- Remove Norton scheduled tasks
- Unregister Norton DLL’s
Norton Removal Tool has completed the removal operation. If you are not installing any Norton product turn on Windows Firewall if it is disabled. You must restart your computer now.