Norton Internet Security uses Idle Time Scans to automatically detect the idle state of your computer. Norton Internet Security runs a weekly Full System Scan when the computer is idle. The Full System Scan protects your computer against infection without compromising the performance of your computer. You can override the Idle Time Scans settings to schedule a Full System Scan on specific dates and times or at periodic intervals. However, before you schedule a Full System Scan, you need to turn off the Idle Time Scans option.
You can schedule a Full System Scan in the Scans window.
The Idle Time Scans option provides sufficient protection to your computer by running a Full System Scan when your computer is idle. Symantec recommends you not to turn off the Idle Time Scans option.
- In the Norton Internet Security main window, in the Computer pane, click Scan Now.
- Click Run Custom Scan.
- In the Scans dialog box, next to Full System Scan, click Schedule.
- In the Scan Already Scheduled dialog box, click Yes.
- In the Schedule dialog box, click New to enable the scheduling options.
- Set the frequency and time at which you want the scan to run.
Most of the frequency options include the additional options that let you further refine the schedule. Set the additional options as required.
- Click OK.